Cape Town – Cybercellar is one of South Africa’s best-loved ecommerce destinations, with a long history of bringing a fantastic range and deals on wine, spirits, craft beers and more, to discerning buyers across the country via to-the-door delivery.
Cybercellar is in need of a dynamic Marketing Manager to join the team. The role will be responsible for driving sales through effective management of all marketing channels; strategising and execution of campaigns to drive customer acquisition and increased brand awareness; understanding customer requirements in order to define the goals for user experience; and working closely with merchandise and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met to ultimately improve brand loyalty.
Cybercellar is backed by Silvertree Internet Holdings (http://silvertree.holdings), which builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
About the Role
The role will include the following deliverables:
Plan and co-ordinate email marketing
• Manage the email marketing calendar and brief merchandise on the offers required to drive sufficient revenue and desired brand perception
• Direct and oversee the design and coding of emailers
• Schedule emailers and manage the email database wrt list size and segmentation
Budgeting & Channel reporting
• Monitor margins and identify problems to relate to merchandise, operations, customer service or marketing spend
• Assess and Manage the efficiency of marketing spend per channel
• Monthly revision of marketing budget
Customer acquisition and retention
• Source new partnerships and campaigns to drive brand awareness and generate new leads
• Monitor email database size and interactions – list size, open rates, clicks and related customer service tickets
• Manage the wine club and curate monthly selections
• Soft marketing efforts to improve brand positioning, brand awareness and retain the various customer segments
• Manage banners and promotions on the homepage
• Monitor sold out products, basket reservations and mixed cases and relate to merchandise to manage
• Creating and managing new campaign and category landing pages for promotions
• Front-end features to improve UX: Research, design & brief dev on long-term new front-end features & improvements.
• Manage the team/pool as to achieve set performance goals and effectively contribute to team performance
• Actively identify problem areas within workflow and improve processes where necessary
• Transfer knowledge and skill and encourage design-related learning outside the company
Key qualifications and skills
• Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 3-5 years in a Marketing role, in retail or similar consumer-facing environment
• Exceptional skills in the Digital Marketing space as well as in Traditional Marketing.
• Understanding of South African retail consumers, and preferably an understanding of online consumers
• Previous experience in an online/ecommerce environment is an asset
• Passion for the wine industry
• Initiative, enthusiasm, commitment to the role, and pro-activity.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile
Please send CVs + brief intro to [email protected]