Cape Town – Cybercellar is one of South Africa’s best-loved ecommerce destinations, with a long history of bringing a fantastic range and deals on wine, spirits, craft beers and more, to discerning buyers across the country via to-the-door delivery.
Cybercellar is in urgent need of a Managing Director to drive the next chapter of the company’s story. The role includes overall business responsibility and ultimate P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility. This position is ideal for a young, hungry leader with strong background managing people in a retail, wholesale or FMCG environment, and a desire to build a legacy in South Africa’s emerging online retail environment.
Cybercellar is backed by Silvertree Internet Holdings (http://silvertree.holdings), which builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
About the Role
The role includes ultimate responsibility for the continued success of the company. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure customers receive the best possible service at every point of interaction with the business
- Manage and recruiting managers across key portfolios (e.g., finance, marketing, merchandising, operations)
- Maintain oversight of the business plan, financial performance and risk factors
- Support in managing key supplier relationships together with the respective line manager
- Support in key negotiations with suppliers to drive margin and payment terms
- Continue to build the Cybercellar brand and value proposition, through smart marketing, website optimisation, and merchandising
- Ensure that best practices are implemented and adhered to in warehousing and customer service
- By delivering customer satisfaction, lead completely, go the extra mile, be adventurous, open-minded and creative, create a fun and positive team spirit and embrace and drive change
- Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 5-7 years in a management role, in retail or similar consumer-facing environment
- Previous experience in an online/ecommerce environment is an asset
- 3-5 years experience in at least one of the key departments (operations, marketing, finance, merchandising, procurement) of a retail business
- Understanding of South African retail consumers, and preferably an understanding of online consumers
- Basic understanding of wine and other alcoholic beverages
- Track record of personal achievement and people leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong analytical skills and hands-on attitude – you should be ‘hungry’, excited by a fast-paced environment, and keen to build an incredible teams
- Enjoy the benefits of your success: Cybercellar is a fairly small but growing Internet startup, so compensation will include a relatively small base salary, plus a large equity component and cash bonus scheme
[email protected] with subject “MD Cybercellar”
Please include CV and short cover letter explaining your interest in the role. We anticipate substantial interest, and so will be selective in the candidates we interview.